We are offering the engraving of up to 18 English letters and or numbers on certain nunchaku sets. You can choose to have the engraving on one or both nunchaku. Please keep in mind that Initialing Nunchaku is done by burning the character on with a CDC Laser and engravings are not painted, embossed or colored in any way.
Initialing the nunchaku can be a great way to personalize your nunchaku and also to make it stand out among the other students weapons in a school setting. We do not place the engraving too deep so as to not effect the feel or grip of the nunchaku handle,
PLEASE READ Things to remember with wood Initialing:
- Initialing Nunchaku can add a few days to the shipping time.
- It’s only available on the red oak, ash, and Sapele
- English block letters and numbers ( no script)
- The flat surface fro Initialing Nunchaku area and the engraving tool are both very small and limit the character sizes.
- The Engraving is not painted or colored, the laser burns the image on black and our woods are never stained.
- There are no returns on Initialing unless there was provable damage to the item during shipping.
Q&A about what you can have engraved on a nunchaku
Can I get my name in Klingon?– Yes, as long as you figure out what your name is in Klingon and spell it in English letters, not Klingon letters
Can I get my name in some kind of Chinese, Korean or Japanese characters?-No, English letters and numbers only.
Can you figure out what my name is in post Imperial Chinese and use that character?No, English letters and numbers only.
Can I put our wedding vows on the nunchaku?Yes, as long as they are only 18 characters long and in English letters or numbers.
Can I get swear words put on my nunchaku?Yes, as long as they are in English letters, we don’t care what you put on it.
Can I provide you with fonts and sizing to make my engraving?No.
Can I get Engraving on hardwoods you don’t have listed?No, some hardwoods do not lend themselves to the beam of the laser and do not produce good lettering results.
Traditional Nunchaku Design
Unlike mass produced martial arts weapons made overseas, we designed our nunchaku to be easy to hold, not get sticky and give you confidence as you practice your forms. Originally the nunchaku was designed from farming tools in China. Occupied Chinese were not allowed to have weapons and a whole range of new weapons sprung from the tools at hand. Our nunchaku are not mass produced, each one is made one at a time. We use exotic hardwoods and try to get every inch of wood used in our product. Some of these woods are hard to find in usable sizes so we take great care to get the most out of each piece. The design is to last and be durable. We take out the least amounts of wood to keep them strong and use rope that will only fill the voids to make them easy to repair. We have re string kits available as well as instruction as to how to re string our nunchaku when it becomes necessary.
- Realistically practice self-defense, martial art forms and demonstrations with the feel and maneuverability of real weapons
- Unlike polypropylene, wood feels great allowing martial artists to practice as much as they like
- Quiet rope design for training
- Octagon-shaped grip with grooves for a more realistic experience
- heavyweight and durable